Drawing in the Gallery
Time: Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Location: Zuckerman Museum of Art
Drawing in the Gallery will return June 10, 2021 following the museum's installation period.RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR UPCOMING EVENTS NOW
Are you looking for more opportunities to practice your observational drawing skills? Or perhaps you would like to try drawing from life for the first time without enrolling in a costly course? Please join us on Thursday nights when our exhibitions are open for an opportunity to draw from life!
Each week we will rotate the drawing location in our galleries and the subject of the program between a clothed model, nude model, and objects from our collection. This program is a bring-your-own material event – pencil and paper only. The museum will provide drawing boards to participants upon request.
Summer 2021 Drawing in the Gallery Schedule
DateGallery LocationSubject MatterGuest Artist
6/10/2021Clayton GalleryNude model
6/17/2021Mortin GalleryClothed model
6/24/2021Clayton GalleryNude model
7/1/2021Mortin GalleryClothed model
7/8/2021Clayton GalleryNude model
7/15/2021Mortin GalleryClothed model
For our guests' safety, extensive cleaning protocols have been implemented. Please be aware of the following policies and procedures for our Drawing in the Gallery program series:
- We will now limit the number of participants at each Drawing in the Gallery event to 10 visitors.
- Reservations ensure available seating as space is limited.
- Guests have the option of signing up one or both of our 1-hour drawing blocks.
- Seating will be provided to visitors at a safe distance from fellow participants.
- We ask that all non-cohabitating patrons maintain a 6' social distance at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations can be found at the entrances to the Museum and the entrance to both galleries.
- Patrons without reservations are welcome but will gain access to our space on a first-come, first-served basis determined by the Museum's maximum capacity.
Unclaimed tickets will be released 15 minutes after the start of the event.
Please direct any questions to Elizabeth Thomas, email@example.com.
Need a new, creative at-home activity? Activate your hands and quiet your mind with coloring pages shared by past ZMA exhibiting artists. Download them here.