KSU College of the Arts
Spring Arts Festival 2019 Artist Market
Call for Entries
Saturday, March 23, 2019, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Event Location: Kennesaw State School of Art and Design; Cartersville Road
- Email: email@example.com
- Application Open: now through February 16th, 2019
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY
- 2019 Vendor Agreement - Download & Sign
- Artist's name -OR- name of organization—(school, class/club)
- 5 images of types of works that will be for sale
- Deadline: 11:55 p.m., Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Response of Acceptance by Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Event Location: Kennesaw State School of Art and Design; Bartow Avenue
- Application Open October 6, 2018 - February 16, 2019
The Spring Arts Festival is an indoor/outdoor event featuring demonstrations, workshops, and visual arts related activities for the family to enjoy. School of Art and Design faculty, staff, and student groups will lead the way as you try working your creativity in various media, including painting, drawing, digital painting, ceramic glazing, iron mold carving, and more. If you’re the playful type, participate in our scavenger hunt, or goof around in our photo booth.
The Artists Market will be outside along Bartow Avenue in front of the Visual Arts Building. It will be promoted on all Spring Arts Festival materials. In addition, the Spring Arts Festival hosts a Pin-Up show allowing local artists and students the chance to compete in categories including elementary, middle, high school, and community. To participate in the Pin-Up Show visit KSUArtsFestival.com.Spring Arts Festival Information
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- Application deadline: February 16th, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: February 28, 2019
Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Director.
Cancellations by confirmed artist participants must be received in writing 30 days prior to event.
UPON ACCEPTANCE TO THE ARTIST MARKET
Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed setup information. No wide trucks, trailers or over-sized vehicles will be permitted to drive in on Saturday as tents will be in place. Please plan to set-up by 9 a.m.
After unloading exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations must be received at least 30 days prior to the event, in written form and submitted by mail or email.
All artists' merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the Exhibitor or exhibiting group.
- $50 Booth Fee ($25 discount for alumni) for selected artist/school/organization due by March 15, 2019 through online payment at KSUMall. Once accepted to the festival, applicants will be sent a link for payment.
- Artists and exhibiting groups must have the name of their organization clearly on display in the booth.
- Assigned booth spaces are approximately 10’ deep and 10’ wide or greater.
- All groups are responsible for tents, tables, chairs and displays.
- All tables and tents must be weighted for stability in rain and wind.
- Each artist/group is responsible for their own form of collecting payment for sales.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations.
2-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as collage, papermaking, encaustic, pen and ink, paint, pencil, watercolor, or photography. Finished art suitable for wall mounting.
3-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as mosaic, papier mache, clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood or any other 3-dimensional objects.
Ceramics: Original shaped and fired clay including earthenware, porcelain, and raku. Digital Art: Two-dimensional works from which the original image is manipulated by the artist using a computer using programs such as Drawing, Illustrator, Paint or other software applications.
Drawing & Printmaking: Original drawings made with pen, pencil, charcoal, pastels or chalk. Printmaking process may include pulled plates, linoleum prints, etching, engraving, silkscreen or lithography. All prints must be signed and numbered by the artist. Photocopies are not permitted.
Fiber: Works created from fibers including basketry, batik, weaving, papermaking, knitting and quilting. Embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted. Glass: An object made of glass including blown, fused, stained, cast and molded. Embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted.
Handcraft: Handmade items made by the artist from manufactured, recycled, or repurposed materials transforming the combined materials into a unique product in a cohesive collection. Complete description of items required.
Jewelry: All Jewelry crafted from metal, glass, stone, clay, or other materials. Commercial molds or casts are not permitted. At least 50% of the organic materials in the finished product used must be produced by the artist.
Metal: Functional and non-sculptural works incorporating metal.
Painting: The use of oils, acrylics, watercolors, and tempera suitable for hanging.
Photography: Prints, transparencies or digital images made from the artist’s original negative or taken with a digital camera that have been processed by the artist.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional work done in any individual medium.
Wood & Furniture: Original works in wood that are built, turned, carved or tooled.
Embellished manufactured wood items are not permitted.
- T-shirts and commercial clothing not made by exhibitor(s)
- Commercial Posters not designed by the exhibitor(s)
- Manufactured toys not made by the exhibitor(s)
- Commercially manufactured or reproduced items (resale)
- Jewelry made from more than 50% manufactured components
The Artist Market Jury will award Exhibitor applications based on technical ability, originality of the art and quality of the booth display. Judging and awards will be held on Saturday for Best Booth.
Best Booth Award 2018
The unique paper marbling (Ebru) demonstrated by Fatma Akdeniz, selected by Harrison
Long, Associate Dean, College of the Arts as the 2018 "Best Booth" winner.