Kudos to Art History Professors and Students
KENNESAW, Ga. (Jan 1, 2018) —
- Joe Thomas presented "Esthetic Conflicts and Conservative Dissent: The Statue of Liberation Through Christ" at the American Studies Association meeting in Chicago.
- Phil Kiernan and two SOAAD students attended the 20th International Congress on Ancient Bronze at University Tubingen, German. His presentation was titled: "The so-called Mithrassymbole in Context." Chloe Redstone and Savannah Winn presented a poster entitled: "Hamlin’s Bronzes: Antiquity Collecting in an Early 20th Century American Universal Museum."
- Students Maria Shah and Emily Wilder presented Art History papers at the 2018 NCUR conference at University of Central Oklahoma. Diana McClintock attended the conference.
- Dan Sachs received promotion to Associate Professor and a sabbatical for spring 2019 to complete his book on historical studio practices.
- Jessica Stephenson received tenure and promotion to Associate Professor and a Dean's Travel Award to conduct research on colonial-era postcards from the Congo at the Smithsonian, Washington DC.