KSU Summer Horn Festival Registration
Apply and Register Now
Register as an auditor or apply for acceptance as a full participant. Descriptions of each experience as well as application instructions are below.
- Full-participant tuition: $300 (Priority Registration)
- Deadline for priority registration is April 1, 2019. If applying after April 1, tuition will be an additional $25. Final registration deadline is May 1, 2019.
- Optional concerto competition registration fee: add $25
Full-participant acceptance includes:
- One 30-minute masterclass with a member of our artist faculty (assignments made based on application video)
- Placement in a quartet that will perform on the closing recital
- Placement in the horn choir that will perform on the closing recital
- Access to vendor shopping, all recitals, orchestral excerpt plug & play masterclass, lectures, and eligibility to participate in solo competition and mock orchestral audition
- Event t-shirt
- 7 meals (lunch each day & dinner each day except Tuesday, June 11)
Auditor tuition: $150
- Option to include 7 meals: add $70
- Option to include event t-shirt: add $15 (option only available until May15th, 2019)
Auditor registration includes four-day full access to:
- Play in daily warmup class
- Observe all masterclasses and lectures
- Vendor shopping and all recitals
Daily auditor registration is also available at the registration table for $50/day payable in cash or check written to “KSU School of Music” and for “KSU Summer Horn Festival” in the memo line. Daily registration provides access to the above activities only on the day of registration. Daily auditors can bring their lunch, purchase a meal at the KSU Commons dining hall, or drive to purchase food if 18 and over.
1) Apply as a full participant or register as an auditor.
Full Participant Checklist:
Application & Video submission priority deadline: April 1, 2019, 11:59 pm
Application & Video submission final deadline: May 1, 2019, 11:59pm
** Base tuition increases by $25 for applicants who apply after April 1. **
- Complete the application form
- Submit a complete, unedited video recording 5 minutes or less that best represents your playing. (This video is used to determine participant acceptance, horn choir part assignments, and quartet placements.) Video submissions may be uploaded to video sharing sites (YouTube, Vimeo, Vevo, etc.) and access links shared in the indicated blank on the submission form. Videos do not need to be public, but the privacy settings must make them accessible to the panel.
- Continue to step 2!
Registration Deadline: June 8 for full festival—daily registration also available
- Complete the registration form
- Payment: customize your experience:
- Base price: $150 includes option to play in daily warmup classes, observe all masterclasses, lectures, and recitals
- Add event t-shirt (add $15, available until May 15th 2018)
- Add 7 meals (add $70—lunch each day and dinner every evening except Tuesday, June 11)
- Congratulations, you are finished!
2) Admission Decision
- Admission decisions will be emailed on a rolling basis but no later than May 15, 2019.
- Students accepted for full participation will be sent a link to complete registration
and the full-tuition payment of $300 if applying by April 1. Students applying between
April 2 and May 1 will be sent a link to complete registration and the full-tuition
payment of $325.
- Accepted students will also have the opportunity to register for the collegiate or high-school solo competition for an additional $25. Only 20 spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students who are not accepted will be sent a link and are encouraged to join us to
participate as an auditor.
Accepted full participants and auditors should complete the following documents
to bring to check-in if under 18:
- Participation Code of Conduct
- Participation Agreement & Liability Waiver
- Emergency Information Form
- Pick-Up Authorization Form
(only required if student is leaving with someone other than parent/legal guardian)
Please feel free to contact Richard Williams or Jason Eklund directly at email@example.com
with any additional questions!