Be informed of what's happening in the visual arts of the metro-Atlanta area! Visit the web site(s) listed on below to see a list of current events and opportunities.
Those interested in communicating through Facebook will find that the School of Art and Design has created a Facebook Group. Please feel free to post links, participate in discussions, write on the wall, and upload photos and videos related to the visual arts.
The goals of the department are to assist students in acquiring a broad understanding of the visual arts and to recognize art quality in their own personal expressions as well as in the work of others; to provide direct experiences in the visual arts for students, faculty, and the community through quality art exhibitions, lectures, and publications; and to provide professional training for individuals seeking careers in the visual arts.
Art Career Mentoring Service
The Art Career Mentoring Service, a listing of "This Week's Art Shows" and "Exhibition Opportunities" created by Professor Robert Sherer and other School of Art and Design personnel, is a free Email service enabling awareness of opportunities and events to students and friends of the KSU community. Visit the ACMS page to sign up.
Student Art Rotating Exhibitions
Students have the opportunity to show their work on campus through regularly-rotating student juried exhibitions. Currently, the exhibitions are located in the Sturgis Library Commons and OwlSpaces.
- Faculty members of the School of Art and Design may enter the works of their students. A downloadable form is available. Students must initial each work listed on the form to accept the disclaimer and the specifications for exhibition on the form.
- Students may enter works individually through our online form. Up to three artworks may be entered per call for entries. Images of your artwork(s) can be attached along with a message that lists the title, medium, dimensions, year completed, and price (if available for sale) for each artwork. Also, if created for a SOAAD course, please type the course title with the artwork listing. Upon acceptance, please deliver artworks as instructed in the e-mailed reply.
- During certain weeks of the semester, students may drop by the VARC to present works in person to Shane McDonald for acceptance. Please watch postings in the Visual Arts building halls and Facebook.
The new OwlLife website has a searchable list of all registered student organizations.
KSU Sculpture Club
KSU Print Club
Visions: the KSU Student Art Society
Attend our fun events, activities, and workshops while socializing with fellow students, faculty and staff.
Publications & Media
Goals & Career Development
Students at KSU can benefit greatly from administrative departments on campus that help to prepare for educational and career goals. Centers to be sure to visit are:
- Career Services Center for help with internships, resumés, job search, interviews, etc. Internship and career opportunities in the Visual Arts are frequently listed! Contact at 470-578-6555
- Division of Student Success for counseling, advising, and testing on a personal, academic or career level
- Institute for Global Initiatives for programs of study abroad among many other intercultural educational experiences