Be informed of what's happening in the visual arts of the metro-Atlanta area! Visit the web sites listed on below to see a list of current events and opportunities.
The goals of the department are to assist students in acquiring a broad understanding of the visual arts and to recognize art quality in their own personal expressions as well as in the work of others; to provide direct experiences in the visual arts for students, faculty, and the community through quality art exhibitions, lectures, and publications; and to provide professional training for individuals seeking careers in the visual arts.
There are many needs-based and merit-based scholarships available for students in the School of Art and Design. To learn more about scholarships available to you, see the steps below:
- Many scholarships in the School of Art and Design require the submisison of a portfolio. Learn more about portfolios for scholarship applications on the Admissions/Portfolios page.
- Do a category search in scholarship search for any scholarships and their requirements for which you meet the criteria.
- Have available all your information: Extra curricular activities and volunteer information and emails for letters of recommendation if needed.
- Before writing your essays review the tips on the FAQ page. Your writing skills will be a part of the evaluation process. Check your essays for spelling and grammatical errors before submitting.
- If awarded a scholarship you will be notified by email. All correspondence and notification of awards will be done through the KSU email account only. Owl Express homepage then continue to the Financial Aid menu
School of Art and Design students can join our closed Facebook Group to find immediate information about various activities that may not be available on the web site or to the public. Please feel free to post links, participate in discussions, write on the wall, and upload photos and videos related to the visual arts.
Of course, you can also "like" our Facebook Page to see posts that involve community engagement.
Art Career Mentoring Services
The Art Career Mentoring Service, a listing of "This Week's Art Shows" and "Exhibition Opportunities" created by Professor Robert Sherer and other School of Art and Design personnel, is a free Email service enabling awareness of opportunities and events to students and friends of the KSU community. Visit the ACMS page to sign up.
This Blog is a resource intended for Kennesaw State University, School of Art and Design Students. This site is dedicated to disseminating information about exhibitions, opportunities, internships, calls for work, articles of interest, and current trends in the contemporary art world to the students of Kennesaw State University's College of the Arts and School of Art and Design. This site is free for all to use and share. View blog site.
The new OwlLife website has a searchable list of all registered student organizations.
KSU Sculpture Club
KSU Print Club
Visions: the KSU Student Art Society
Attend our fun events, activities, and workshops while socializing with fellow students, faculty and staff.
Publications & Media
Goals and Career Development
Students at KSU can benefit greatly from administrative departments on campus that help to prepare for educational and career goals. Centers to be sure to visit are:
- Career Services Center for help with internships, resumés, job search, interviews, etc.Internship and career opportunities in the Visual Arts are frequently listed! Contact at 470-578-6555
- Division of Student Success for counseling, advising, and testing on a personal, academic or career level
- Institute for Global Initiatives for programs of study abroad among many other intercultural educational experiences