KSU College of the Arts
Summer Music Intensive
June 5-9, 2017
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Orientation June 4, 1-3 p.m.)
The Summer Music Experience at KSU is a unique program that engages students artistically, technically, and conceptually as both individual musicians and collaborative groups. Performance opportunities in large and small ensembles will challenge students at the personal level. Working with renowned KSU faculty performers and current KSU music students will develop participants' technical abilities, expand their creativity, and enhance their passion for music in an atmosphere of artistic and intellectual discovery. Participants will collaborate with peers across an array of musical disciplines in focused daily activities that culminate in fun and engaging group activities. They will learn more about diverse topics ranging from creativity and improvisation to composition and music technology. They will also participate in an exchange of ideas with KSU students, fellow peers, and the accomplished KSU faculty in a variety of academic classes, rehearsals, instrument-specific tech classes, and various collaborative experiences throughout each day.
Students may participate in the following areas: band, orchestra, choral, classical guitar, and piano
The cost for the Summer Music Intensive is $295 per student and includes lunch each
Directions and Parking
Bailey Performance Center
488 Prillaman WayNW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
View on Google Maps
- From I-75, take exit 271 onto Chastain Rd.
- Head west on Chastain Rd. (left if travelling I-75N, right if travelling I-75S)
- Turn right onto Frey Rd. and continue through two traffic lights
- At the third traffic light, turn left onto Campus Loop Rd.
- Continue on Campus Loop Rd. until you enter a roundabout
- Exit roundabout at the third turnoff onto Prillaman Way and take an immediate right into Parking Lot E
- From the entrance to Parking Lot E, the Bailey Performance Center will be on your left
Free parking for this activity is available in Parking Lot E located directly beside the Bailey Performance Center. View KSU Arts District Map
ContactFor more information, please contact:
Ms. Christine Collins
What is our Mission?
KSU’s Summer Music mission is to inspire technical, creative, artistic, and conceptual musical growth through both collaborative and instrument-specific engagement and instruction led by the renown faculty of the KSU School of Music.
How are we unique?
We are a unique musical experience that ties the days together with overarching musical concepts. By adopting a universal concept each day and using that as a guiding principle, we will help to shape the focus of the end of day group activity while still being able to address instrument/area specific needs during the day. Each day, our participants will be immersed in these musical concepts, and this will be reinforced with a variety of fun classes, big group activities, collaborative music making, and a daily culminating activity that incorporates overarching musical concepts.
How are we better?
- Overarching musical concept organization.
- Both collaborative and instrument-specific instruction.
- Technical, musical, creative, theoretical, AND conceptual instruction.
- Excellence and expertise of KSU School of Music Faculty.
- Renowned Morgan Concert Hall in the Bailey Performance Center.
- The KSU experience is new and unlike other camps in the area.
- Experience at KSU will be different than the traditional approach to summer camp.
- Our schedule, facilities, and faculty provide us a unique advantage to be able to
explore musical ideas in a deep, thoughtful, and fun way each day.