June 4-8, 2018
Registration cost: $295 per student
Registration deadline: May 25, 2018
Join us for the 2018 Summer Music Intensive at Kennesaw State!
The week-long, summer music camp (8:30-5pm each day) hosted by the Kennesaw State University School of Music will immerse students in an exploration of music performance through a wide variety of instructional and interactive activities. Open to rising high school freshmen through graduating high school seniors, this experience is specifically designed to improve individual and group musical performance. The cost for the 2018 Summer Music Intensive is $295 per student and includes lunch each day.
The camp is offered for band, orchestra, choir, piano, and jazz students.
Summer Music Intensive highlights include:
- Fun and engaging sessions that explore a variety of musical styles
- Individual instruction from our exceptional faculty in small group settings
- Performance experience in wind ensemble, orchestra, choir, and jazz
- Recitals featuring Kennesaw State students and faculty each day
- Culminating concert featuring all participants
- Scholarship consideration for rising seniors planning to major in music at Kennesaw State
Photos from Past Years
View/Download Event Flyer
Participation is open to high school musicians (rising high school freshmen through graduating high school seniors) in the following areas:
- Band/Orchestra (strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion)
Participating students must complete the following registration forms, as required by university policy:
- KSU Minor Code of Conduct for Participants
- KSU Minors Waiver and Release
- KSU Minors Emergency Contact and Medical Authorization
- KSU Minors Pick-up Authorization (if applicable)
Forms will also be sent to participants via email and must be submitted at registration on the day of the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is our Mission?
KSU’s Summer Music mission is to inspire technical, creative, artistic, and conceptual musical growth through both collaborative and instrument-specific engagement and instruction led by the renown faculty of the KSU School of Music.
How are we unique?
We are a unique musical experience that ties the days together with overarching musical concepts. By adopting a universal concept each day and using that as a guiding principle, we will help to shape the focus of the end of day group activity while still being able to address instrument/area specific needs during the day. Each day, our participants will be immersed in these musical concepts, and this will be reinforced with a variety of fun classes, big group activities, collaborative music making, and a daily culminating activity that incorporates overarching musical concepts.
How are we better?
• Overarching musical concept organization.
• Both collaborative and instrument-specific instruction.
• Technical, musical, creative, theoretical, AND conceptual instruction.
• Excellence and expertise of KSU School of Music Faculty.
• Renowned Morgan Concert Hall in the Bailey Performance Center.
• The KSU experience is new and unlike other camps in the area.
• Experience at KSU will be different than the traditional approach to summer camp.
• Our schedule, facilities, and faculty provide us a unique advantage to be able to explore musical ideas in a deep, thoughtful, and fun way each day.
Directions and Parking
Bailey Performance Center
488 Prillaman WayNW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
View on Google Maps
• From I-75, take exit 271 onto Chastain Rd.
• Head west on Chastain Rd. (left if travelling I-75N, right if travelling I-75S)
• Turn right onto Frey Rd. and continue through two traffic lights
• At the third traffic light, turn left onto Campus Loop Rd.
• Continue on Campus Loop Rd. until you enter a roundabout
• Exit roundabout at the third turnoff onto Prillaman Way and take an immediate right into Parking Lot E
• From the entrance to Parking Lot E, the Bailey Performance Center will be on your left
Free parking for this activity is available in Parking Lot E located directly beside the Bailey Performance Center. View KSU Arts District Map
ContactFor more information, please contact:
Ms. Christine Collins