College of the Arts News
5 “Can’t Miss” Events This Season
Looking for something to do this season? Enjoy art exhibitions, theatre and dance performances, and musical concerts, all at Kennesaw State College of the Arts. Here are our top five that you should not miss:
2. K.I.S.S Showcase: Nov. 11-12. FREE; Onyx Theater, 8 p.m. Improv Dangerously, the mantra of ensemble, and popularly known as “Kennesaw Improv Society, Stupid!” Enjoy unscripted, spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment tomfoolery that is a new show every time.
3. ASO at KSU Nov. 11 featuring Robert Spano, conductor and David Coucheron, violin. The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra returns to KSU for an exciting and fiery program. Stravinsky’s magical Firebird Suite launched his career composing ballets and is one of the Orchestra’s signature pieces, recorded under Robert Shaw in 1979. Concertmaster David Coucheron plays the romantic Violin Concerto No. 1 by Prokofiev and Robert Spano, Music Director, conducts.Pieces to be performed include: Knussen - Flourish with Fireworks; Scriabin/kurth - Symphony No. 5, “Prometheus, Poem of Fire”l Prokofiev - Violin Concerto No. 1; and Stravinsky - The Firebird Suite (1919).
4. School of Music Holiday Concert Dec. 2. Join the School of Music for this special, family-friendly program featuring the best of holiday selections.
7. KSU Tellers Showcase: Dec. 2-3. Join the KSU Tellers for a one-of-a-kind night of their best stories from the fall semester.
5. ASO at KSU Holiday Family Concert Dec. 15. Enjoy music from The Nutcracker, join in a festive sing-along, and have a holly jolly Christmas with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the whole family in Morgan Concert Hall. And, if you’re good, Santa Claus himself just might make an appearance!
To see all of our upcoming performances, please visit ticketing.kennesaw.edu.